I have already begun sharing my love of fashion with you guys (outfits posted so far can be seen here and here), but now I am going to introduce another love of mine to the blog: food... sweets in particular. I recently made the best batch of home-made chocolate chip cookies I have ever tasted. Thought I should share with you guys. Enjoy!
Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
· 2 cups minus 2 tablespoons cake flour
· 1 2/3 cups bread flour
· 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
· 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
· 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
· 2 1/2 sticks (1 1/4 cups) unsalted butter, room temperature
· 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar, packed
· 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
· 2 large eggs
· 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
· 1 1/4 pounds Ghirardelli bittersweet 60% cocao, broken into chunks
1. Sift together the cake flour, bread flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a medium sized bowl and set aside.
2. In the bowl of your mixer, cream together your butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Add in the eggs, one at a time, until combined, scraping down the bowl as needed. Add in the vanilla and mix. Gradually add in the dry ingredients, until just moistened. Fold in your chocolate until evenly added throughout the dough. Press plastic wrap against the dough, making sure it is completely covered, and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
3. When you are ready to bake, bring the dough to room temperature so that you can scoop it out, and preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line and/or grease your baking sheets. Scoop your dough out onto the sheets. I did about 1 1/2 tablespoons. Do not press the dough down – let it stay the way it is. Bake 10-12 minutes for smaller cookies (mine took about 11 minutes), or 18-20 minutes for larger cookies.Side Notes: This recipe makes A LOT of cookies - half the recipe for a smaller batch. Also, try using some semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips if you're not a fan of just bittersweet chocolate.